Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 20 & 21 of the 30-Day Blog Challenge...

I keep getting a little behind on this thing. I didn't have the computer yesterday and refused to do it from my phone...so deal with it:)


Day 20: Nicknames


I don't know if Becky/Beck is considered a nickname, since they are just short for my actual name Rebecca, but I'm called one of those two by most people that know me. My Uncle used to call me Scooter when I was little (I think...). My favorite nickname is Becka Lou. A past co-worker started calling me that one day about 5 years ago and it just stuck, and also spread! 


While Beck...or Becky...or Rebecca if I'm in trouble, is my name, I tried changing it once. When my parents registered me for school they asked what name I would like to go by (for kids with names like Michael, who might go by Mike...Jennifer who might go by Jen...you get it). I was still called Rebecca at that time, but I guess my mom wanted to know if I'd like to go by maybe Becky or Becca in school. I thought for a moment, and responded with...Kimberly! I haven't managed to find a culture where Kimberly is short for Rebecca, so Becky it is.


Day 21: Favorite Picture of yourself ALL TIME Why?


I literally just spent an hour looking through all of the pictures I have on the computer. I can't really say any of them are my favorite of ALL TIME...but I really like this one...




This is a picture of my cousin, Jen, and myself. I have no idea when it was taken, or even where. My guess is maybe at our Grandparent's house? Not sure. But anyway, I like this one because I have a lot...A LOT of wonderful memories from when I was younger with my family. My family, on both sides, meant so much to me, and still do. Almost every single one of my fondest childhood memories involve times at either my Grandma and Grandpa's or Nana and Pop Pop's house, and this picture just reminds me of one of those times. Plus, we look ridiculously cute :)

I haven't given much of an update lately, so I'll take the time to do that now...

Yesterday, Matt found out that he is going to be deploying with the 24th MEU. Basically, he will be on a ship that goes out to sea with a few other ships. They go out to perform certain missions, and are kind of on a "on-call" status as well. If something were to go down, they would go wherever their assistance is needed. We don't know exactly where he'll go yet, or when. But he is going. We originally thought sometime this fall, but now we're thinking early next year, since they will be relieving the 22nd MEU and that is around when they are scheduled to return. Either way, we have time to prepare. 

Andrew is doing well. Yesterday, he was supposed to start practice with the golf team we signed him up for, but their coach deployed. So now we're just waiting for them to find another one. He's really been looking forward to it, so it kind of sucks. But things happen, so hopefully they will find another coach soon. He hasn't really had much else going on. Just been busy with school and playing with his friends!

Braxton is also doing well. His 7th tooth came through this week, and we felt every bit of it! I'm so glad it finally pushed through. He was miserable! He's so mobile now. He's been doing this kind of inch worm army crawl thing for a little while now, but now he's crawling on all fours. He's doing great with standing himself up and walking along the couches and cruising. He wants to walk, I know he does. He just needs to get his balance down. He babbles non stop. He's definitely saying something, we just can't understand a word of it! He says a few words, though. He still says dog, he points to things and asks whats that...although it sounds more like "Whssat?", he says "All Done!", and he says Andrew! Its so funny to hear him "talk." He points his finger and shakes his fist and says all sorts of things that I'm sure make sense to him. He does so many funny things that are really hard to explain. I'm doing my best to catch them on camera for everyone to see.

As for me, nothing super new is going on. I've mentioned that I'm going back to school, hopefully this summer, and I'm so very excited about it. My "diet" (I still HATE calling it that!) is going great! I just started my 6th week (which is crazy!) today, and I've lost 16 pounds! I am so very happy about that and I'm really proud of myself. I'm starting to notice physical changes too, which is good. Its discouraging when you're working your butt of and don't actually see the changes, so I'm glad its becoming noticeable. All of my jeans are too big to wear, aside from 2 pairs that were too small before (hooray!), so its definitely starting to pay off. I am 7 pounds away from reaching my first goal. Just typing that made me smile :)

And because I just saw the video via Facebook and am super excited, I want to share that our niece, Eloyse, is walking!!! My heart swelled with happiness and pride when I watched it. My niece is walking!!! I can't stop smiling! :):):)

That's all I've got. See ya tomorrow :)

Love,
Kimberly errrr...I mean Beck...





3 comments: